RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the members of Rg to connect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» conquests on DN
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm by aznjadn

» Sadly,the time has come
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» ReactionGod vs ReactionGodEnrise important!
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm by Ultimatefail9412

» harpie brother/sky scout
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» chingling27#2
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm by aznjadn

» Wind-up???
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm by tony101

» Derrekle the douche
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:18 am by aznjadn

» Rise of the Trivia!
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» I want to war <_<
Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

Most Viewed Topics
Just beat Jeff Jones
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
Character creation
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
Acquired skill vs set skill.
War team qualification question
Blackbird's Shop
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am
Most active topics
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
War team qualification question
Character creation
Acquired skill vs set skill.
Blackbird's Shop
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
War team recruiting

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blackbird69

RGPoints : 10297

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!   Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Hey reaction gods! I am coming at you today with yet another article. This one is about luck. There are many different aspects of luck in this game and I will try to touch on all of them. I would like to first mention that I do not like that Yugioh is so luck intensive. In my opinion, the better player, meaning the one who makes the more skilled plays in a duel, should be the victor every time. The better player does not win every time, and this upsets me.
The first aspect of luck that I would like to talk about is the die roll, or RPS on DN. Going first in a duel DRASTICALLY increases a players chances of winning. Going first is one of, if not the most unbalanced part of yugioh. And it comes down to a simple die roll, 100% luck based.
Opening with the nuts is another luck based aspect that is very annoying about this game. When my opponent opens with laggia, set 4, I know that I am in a virtually unwinnable position.
Another luck based element in yugioh is blind MSTing. First off, I would like to advise you all to NEVER blind MST. If you are unfamiliar with this term, it is playing mystical space typhoon (or night shot, I guess) on a random backrow, when the opponent has 2 or more set cards. There is literally no skill involved in the blind MST, but a lucky hit on one can end up winning a player a game.
Lastly, I would like to discuss topdecking. I hate losing a game because of a topdeck. I would like to provide you all with a prime example of a top deck that literally lost me a game. I was playing against our very own (reactiongod)Dhalo (not sure if you will remember this, but I certainly do lol). I was teaching him how to use a dragunity deck that I had sold him from my shop and he was gradually getting better with the deck. We were playing a pretty grind-gamish dragunity mirror match, but I was clearly dominating. The only card in his hand was a legionnaire, which he added with ravine the previous turn. He had no other cards on the field aside from the ravine. I decided to go into photon strike bounzer, along with a full powered red eyes, knowing that he had only 1 out in his deck which had around 30 cards remaining. When he activated the dark hole, I could not believe it. Did halo deserve to win that game? Not by any means. But he did. Not to say that I haven’t sacked halo before, because I have (way too many times haha)
Since luck is such a big factor in yugioh, and the best player does not win every time, you will often lose to players who are worse than you. You will also end up defeating players who are better than you. Losing a game/match to somebody does NOT mean that you are worse than them by any means. How yami/yugi wins every fucking game (besides the one against Rafael of course), I do not understand. He is just lucky I guess. Now you may say that I am just complaining about my hatred of getting sacked, and you know what? You are probably correct! I’d like to hear what you all think about luck. COMMENT BELOW! –Blackbird69
Back to top Go down
(ReactionGod)DHalo
Admin
(ReactionGod)DHalo

RGPoints : 11684

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!   Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 pm

We all deserve a topdeck once in a while Very Happy lol but in all seriousness,thats one aspect of the game I don't like.I remember this one time I was sacking Utopia with clouds nuked his whole field.He had no cards in hand.His turn im all yea ima win,then bam he goes alien ammonite on me.gg
Back to top Go down
https://rgenriseacademy.rpg-board.net
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

RGPoints : 8424

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!   Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

well i think this is an aspect of all card games. it's an unavoidable-annoying-game changing-hindrance. I can not count the amount of times bigace got the best top decks against me and on odd occasion halo too.
Back to top Go down
(ReactionGod)DHalo
Admin
(ReactionGod)DHalo

RGPoints : 11684

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!   Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 pm

ACTUALLY,i don't top deck all the time.people always draw scrubby against me lol
Back to top Go down
https://rgenriseacademy.rpg-board.net
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

RGPoints : 8424

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!   Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 pm

well... i guess I'll still count that! whether u draw good or enemy draws bad is no different! still luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!   Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh! Empty

Back to top Go down

Luck in Yu-Gi-Oh!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RGEnriseAcademy :: Deck Vault And Articles-
Jump to: