RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the members of Rg to connect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» conquests on DN
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm by aznjadn

» Sadly,the time has come
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» ReactionGod vs ReactionGodEnrise important!
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm by Ultimatefail9412

» harpie brother/sky scout
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» chingling27#2
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm by aznjadn

» Wind-up???
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm by tony101

» Derrekle the douche
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:18 am by aznjadn

» Rise of the Trivia!
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» I want to war <_<
How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

Most Viewed Topics
Just beat Jeff Jones
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
Character creation
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
Acquired skill vs set skill.
War team qualification question
Blackbird's Shop
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am
Most active topics
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
War team qualification question
Character creation
Acquired skill vs set skill.
Blackbird's Shop
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
War team recruiting

How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blackbird69

RGPoints : 10297

How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1   How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

My fellow Reaction Gods, this is easily the most important article series I have ever written, and possibly ever will write. The topic “how to be good at yugioh” seems very vague but there are a lot of things that separate good players from great ones. People often wonder if this game takes any skill. I will tell you right now, that to a large degree, it does. Now obviously there are times when your opponent opens with a hand that you simply cannot play out of, but generally speaking, this does not happen all that often. The first thing that makes a player great is that they are great at making reads on their opponent.
A read is an educated guess on what an opponent might have based on previous information. This term is most often used when talking about an opponent’s backrow. When making reads, you first must consider all of the most prevalent cards that could be set. This format, you can narrow it down to: solemn warning (SW), solemn judgment (SJ), torrential tribute (TT), bottomless trap hole (BTH), dimensional prison (DP… lol), mirror force, fiendish chain, compulsory evacuation device (CED), mystical space typhoon (MST), forbidden lance, Starlight road, or a bluff. Of course, there will be instances where another card is set, but generally speaking, these will be the most popular ones. One of my favorite decks this format is fire fist because it is really easy to make reads on the opponent’s backrow. For example: Let’s say my opponent goes first and sets a monster and a single backrow and ends. I open with tenki and activate it. My opponent allows the activation to go through. At this point, you can automatically rule out that the backrow is MST because any player with half a brain would chain it to the activation of tenki. You search your deck for bear and summon it. If your opponent has no response to the summon, then you can also assume that the set card is not bottomless, torrential, or solemn warning. You then proceed to activate bear’s effect. If it goes through, then the opponent clearly does not have fiendish chain set. Now at this point, you can assume that their set card is either mirror force or d-prison. If you attack and they have no response, then they must have starlight, lance, CED, SJ, or a bluff set (or they are a complete imbecile in which case you should win anyway). All of the game’s top players can be in a late game, facing three or four opponent’s backrow and tell you what each one of them is because they are so good at making reads.

Last edited by blackbird69 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
(ReactionGod)DHalo
Admin
(ReactionGod)DHalo

RGPoints : 11684

PostSubject: Re: How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1   How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Pretty informative article bird,hope others will read!
Back to top Go down
https://rgenriseacademy.rpg-board.net
benkbenk1112

benkbenk1112

RGPoints : 8526

PostSubject: Re: How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1   How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Already excited just about the thought of reading part 2. Well done! alien
Back to top Go down
tony101

tony101

RGPoints : 8442

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1   How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 pm

this is very helpful hope it goes well
Back to top Go down
MoondarSaebjorn
Admin
MoondarSaebjorn

RGPoints : 8424

Character Info
Moondar Character:
DHalo character:

PostSubject: Re: How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1   How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

you explained your subject very well, best post ive seen so far. my hopes are up for #2 to have a great tip like this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1   How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to be good at Yu-Gi-Oh! Part 1
Page 1 of 1