RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Welcome to RGE academy.If your interested in joining schedule a test after registering.
RGEnriseAcademy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the members of Rg to connect.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» conquests on DN
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:45 pm by aznjadn

» Sadly,the time has come
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» ReactionGod vs ReactionGodEnrise important!
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 pm by Ultimatefail9412

» harpie brother/sky scout
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:59 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» chingling27#2
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:45 pm by aznjadn

» Wind-up???
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:43 pm by tony101

» Derrekle the douche
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySat May 11, 2013 1:18 am by aznjadn

» Rise of the Trivia!
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:19 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

» I want to war <_<
Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyWed May 08, 2013 7:29 pm by MoondarSaebjorn

Most Viewed Topics
Just beat Jeff Jones
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
Character creation
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
Acquired skill vs set skill.
War team qualification question
Blackbird's Shop
Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:23 am
Most active topics
Continue the story..
conquests on DN
Last Post Wins!
War team qualification question
Character creation
Acquired skill vs set skill.
Blackbird's Shop
RGE War Message/Explanation of Wars
Benkbenk1112's shop
War team recruiting

Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blackbird69

RGPoints : 10311

Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin Empty
PostSubject: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 pm

What’s up Reaction Gods! Today will be the first of my weekly card discussions. These discussions will be strictly about underplayed/underappreciated cards. Hopefully I will be able to write these at least once per week. Leave comments below on your thoughts and opinions about the weekly card.

This week’s card is one that I have been testing with a lot recently, upstart goblin. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this card, it allows the player to draw 1 card, then the opponent gains 1000 life points. Upstart goblin is best used in combo based decks, which I really enjoy playing. Upstart goblin allows a player to thin the deck, increasing his/her chances of drawing certain desired cards. The main reason that people shy away from this card is that they do not want to give their opponent 1000 life points. From personal experience, I have played upstart goblin MANY times, and not once have I lost a game from my opponent gaining the 1000 life. When choosing a card, you have to look at risk vs. reward. With so many decks able to do 9000+ damage in a single turn, giving your opponent life points shouldn’t be a big deal. Another reason that I like upstart goblin is that it can easily be sided out for games 2 and 3, allowing you to leave more essential cards in the deck.

Thanks for reading! Remember to leave comments below about upstart goblin. Also, tell me whether you like these discussions. See you all next week!

Back to top Go down
aznjadn
Teacher
aznjadn

RGPoints : 9478

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm

i agree. its a plus and deck thinning and an extra draw can be crutial. would you rather give your opponent a free card then not be able to dish out damage (one day of peace) or give the a thousand points that can easily be deducted.
Back to top Go down
blackbird69

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 pm

I've seen people try to use dark world dealings, which is a -1, and horrible if playing against dark worlds/fabled
Back to top Go down
aznjadn
Teacher
aznjadn

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

yeah. those are the only decks to play that in also. lol
Back to top Go down
benkbenk1112

benkbenk1112

RGPoints : 8540

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 pm

very well written. Goblin seems as though it would be a nice tech in a lot of decks. alien
Back to top Go down
blackbird69

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Actually, upstart is a pretty commonly used card these days, but only in certain decks (mainly decks that do over 10,000 damage in one turn, like hieratics), as far as I know the decks it is most popular in are vayu turbo, hieratics, dark worlds, six sams, and inzektors NEXT CARD MUST BE INTERPLANETARYPURPLYTHORNY DRAGON ITS TOO OP FOR THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
blackbird69

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: OP UPSTART!!   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Actually, upstart can be one of the most OP cards if u have Nurse or Bad Reaction to the Simochi........not only do u draw, but ur opponent loses 1000 points
Back to top Go down
aznjadn
Teacher
aznjadn

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm

yeah i have a deck like that, its a bitch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin   Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin Empty

Back to top Go down

Underrated Cards: Upstart Goblin
Page 1 of 1